Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day Crochet


This last week my Grandma and Grandpa Allred and Great Aunt Marie stopped in for a quick visit. Every year, just before Memorial Day, they drive from Boise to southeastern Idaho to visit cemeteries in Pocatello, Blackfoot, Shelley, Idaho Falls, Sugar City, Plano, Anis, and maybe a few others (in just two days). I love that they keep this tradition and visit the graves of people that touched their lives. They live almost six hours away and we are always grateful when we are able to see them, one way or another. 

I was happy to hear that they would be in town and wanted to come over for a few minutes. During their visit, I was able to share some of my crocheting projects and ideas. My grandma is the one who taught me to crochet. Without her, I doubt that I would have had any interest in the yarn craft. When I am able to come back to her with what I can make now, I am so grateful that she took the time to teach me two simple crochet stitches (single and double). 

On a different note, I received a rush order to make a diaper cover. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Diaper covers are always fun to make, especially these frilly ones. One day soon I plan to make a whole set, perhaps a diaper cover, booties, hat and/or headband. 


No comments:

Post a Comment